- Preheat Grill to 275°F with an indirect area for cooking. (Indirect means no flame directly under the meat).
- Generously rub both sides of Boston Butt (or sometimes called Pork Shoulder) with Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub.
- Place on grill, fat side up and cook with indirect heat. Cook Boston Butt at 275° for 5 to 7 hours, or until meat reaches internal temperature of 195° – 203° F. Use a thermometer. Note that a temperature stall sometimes takes place around 160°F which could add 1 hour or more to cook time. Give yourself at least 1.5 hours per pound. After meat reaches 140° F you can wrap in aluminum foil to speed up the cook time a little.
- Baste meat with Bone Suckin’ Sauce during last 15 minutes of grilling. Remove from grill and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes prior to serving.
- May be sliced or shredded and served as entree or on a bun. Apply Bone Suckin’ Sauce liberally to meat. Recipe serves 10-12.
Use your leftovers to make the Bone Suckin’ BBQ Sandwich !