Bone Suckin’® Beans and Greens Recipe
A healthy, stew style recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8
- Category: Side
- Bone Suckin’ Salsa, 3 /4 jar
- Collard Greens, 3 cups, cooked
- Great Northern White Beans, 4 small cans or 2 lg. cans (drained)
- Minced garlic, 1 /4 cup
- Onion, diced finely, 1 large
- Ham Stock*, 1 gallon
- Fusillii, or small Bowtie pasta, 2 cups
- Shredded Parmesan cheese to top
- Add cooked collards to ham stock. Add beans, salsa, garlic and onions. Cook together for about 30 minutes and then add pasta. Continue to cook for about 20 minutes, at a near boil, until pasta is done. After cooking food, serve in a bowl sprinkled with grated or shredded cheese such as Parmesan, Asiago, or Romano.
- It is wonderful with a piece of toasted Ciabatta bread spread with melted butter and 2 tsp. of Bone Suckin’ Hot Seasoning & Rub. Place Ciabatta in the bottom of the bowl and ladle the Beans and Greens over it. Enjoy! Recipe serves 8.
*Make your ham stock with one or two ham bones and/or pieces of ham in a gallon of water and let simmer for about 2 hours. The ham stock is the base of the soup.