Bone Suckin’® Boston Butt Recipe
This Boston Butt Recipe is a great recipe for sandwiches!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 10-12
- Category: Entree
- Preheat the Grill to 275° F with an indirect area for cooking. (Indirect means no flame directly under the meat).
- Generously rub both sides of the Boston Butt (or sometimes called Pork Shoulder) with Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub.
- Place on the grill, fat side up and cook with indirect heat. Cook the Boston Butt at 275° F for 5 to 7 hours, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 195° F – 203° F. Use a thermometer. Note that a temperature stall sometimes takes place around 160° F which could add 1 hour or more to the cook time. Give yourself at least 1.5 hours per pound. After the meat reaches 140° F you can wrap in aluminum foil to speed up the cook time a little.
- Baste meat with Bone Suckin’ Sauce during last 15 minutes of grilling. Remove from grill and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes prior to serving.
- May be sliced or shredded and served as entree or on a bun. Apply Bone Suckin’ Sauce liberally to meat. Recipe serves 10-12.
This is a great recipe to use for pulled pork! Check out the Bone Suckin’® Barbecue Sandwich recipe for your leftovers!
Use your leftovers to make the Bone Suckin’® BBQ Sandwich !