Bone Suckin’® Cajun Catfish with Rémoulade Recipe
Delicious Cajun Catfish recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, Hot, 2 Tbsp.
- Bone Suckin’® Hiccuppin’ Hot® Habanero Sauce, 1 Tbsp.
- Peanut Oil, 4 Tbsp.
- Panko (Japanese Breadcrumbs), 3/4 cup
- Cornmeal, 1/2 cup
- Catfish Fillets, 4 (6 ounce)
- Eggs, 2 large, beaten
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Dill Pickles, 1/3 cup, chopped finely
- Mayonnaise, 1/3 cup
- Sour Cream, 1/4 cup
- Parsley, 2 Tbsp. flat leaf, finely chopped
- Shallot, 2 Tbsp., finely chopped
- Tomato Paste, 1 Tbsp.
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp.
To Make the Cajun Catfish:
- Brush the baking pan with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Preheat oven to 500˚ F with the rack in the middle.
- Combine the panko, cornmeal, and 1 tsp. salt in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix. Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Working with one piece at a time, dip the fish in the eggs, letting the excess drip off, then put in a bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.
- Transfer the fish to the baking pan and bake until undersides are golden, about 6 minutes. Drizzle the fish with remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil. Carefully turn over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Make the Rémoulade while the Catfish Cooks:
- Whisk together all of the rémoulade ingredients and salt to taste. Serve the fish with the sauce on the side. If the sauce is too spicy, dilute with mayonnaise or sour cream. Recipe serves 4. Enjoy!