Bone Suckin’® Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe
Cheesy Potato Soup is a savory soup recipe
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Side
- Bone Suckin’®Seasoning and Rub, Hot, 1 Tbsp.
- Butter, 2/3 cup
- All Purpose Flour, 2/3 cup
- Whole Milk, 7 cups, maybe more if soup gets too thick
- Yukon Gold Potatoes, 6 to 8 medium, peeled and diced
- Scallions, 1 small bunch, sliced thinly
- Bacon, 12 strips, cooked, drained and crumbled*
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 2 cups, shredded
- Sour Cream, 1 cup
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil the diced potatoes in a stockpot for 10 minutes. The potatoes should be cooked firm and not too mushy. Drain the cooked potatoes in a colander and set aside.
- In a stockpot over low the heat, melt the butter. Whisk in Bone Suckin’® Hot Seasoning & Rub and flour. Continue whisking until the butter/flour combination is smooth. Add milk gradually and continue to stir until the sauce thickens up.
- Add the potatoes and scallions, continue to cook and stir until the soup begins to bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- After cooking the food, add bacon, cheese, sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Recipe serves 6 to 8. Enjoy!
*To prepare vegetarian, omit bacon (or substitute imitation bacon or bacon bits).