Bone Suckin’® Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe
Warm up with this cream of tomato soup recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Soup
- Bone Suckin’® Hiccuppin’ Hot® Habanero Sauce, 2 tsp.
- Red Onion, 2 medium, chopped
- Carrots, 2, unpeeled and chopped
- Garlic, 1 Tbsp., minced
- Tomatoes, 4 lbs. (5), vine ripened, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Red Wine, 1/4 cup
- Tomato Paste, 1 Tbsp.
- Basil, 1/4 cup, packed, chopped, fresh leaves, plus more for garnish
- Chicken Stock or Broth, 3 cups*
- Sea Salt, 1 Tbsp.
- Black Pepper, 2 tsp., coarsely ground
- Heavy Cream, 3/4 cup
- Before cooking the food, heat olive oil in large heavy-bottom pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and carrots and sauté for about 10 minutes, until very tender.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, Bone Suckin’® Hiccuppin’ Hot® Habanero Sauce, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock and salt and pepper; stir well.
- Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, until the tomatoes are very tender. Turn down the heat and let the soup cool a bit.
- When the soup is cooled, add the cream and stir well. Pour the soup in batches into a blender or a food processor and puree the soup.
- Puree more for the creamiest version or pulse for a more chopped and rustic soup. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with good, porous bread and butter. Recipe serves 4 to 6. Enjoy!
*To prepare vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.