Bone Suckin’® Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Creamy and delicious soup recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 50 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entree, Soup
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning, 2 Tbsp.
- Chicken Breast, 2, skin on, bone in
- Mushroom, 4 oz., sliced
- Celery Stalks, 3, chopped
- Carrot, 1, chopped
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Onion, 1/4 cup, chopped
- Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano combined to equal 2 Tbsp., fresh, chopped
- Chicken Broth, 6 cups
- Wild Rice, 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour, 3/4 cup
- Butter, 1/2 cup
- Heavy Cream, 2 cups
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Up to a day ahead of time, slow cook the chicken breast in a slow cooker for 3 hrs. or cook on stove for 3 hours in a medium sauce pan at a medium low setting. After chicken is done let cool. Strip all meat from bone and discard bones.
- Mix together chicken, mushrooms, celery, carrots, garlic, fresh herbs and broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Add wild rice, reduce heat and simmer with lid on for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat, leaving the lid on for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sea salt, pepper, flour and Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. When butter is beginning to bubble, slowly whisk in the flour mixture. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the mixture is pulling away from the sides of the pan. Bring the heat down to low (so the cream doesn’t curdle when you add it to hot liquid) and slowly whisk in the heavy cream.
- Continue to whisk and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, until it thickens. Add cream mixture into soup and stir until fully incorporated into soup. Bring the heat up to a medium and heat for about 10 minute. Recipe serves 6.