Bone Suckin’® Disappearing Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe will disappear right before your eyes, it’s so good!
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning, 1 Tbsp.
- Bone Suckin’® Sweet Spicy Mustard, 1 tsp.
- Chicken Breasts, 2, bones in and skins on
- Chicken Broth, 1, 32 oz.
- Butter, 1 stick
- All Purpose Flour, 1 1/2 cups
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mixed Vegetables, 2 cups (carrots, peas and corn)
- Red Potatoes, 3 medium, skinned, cubed and cooked
- Puff Pastry, 1 sheet
- Egg, 1, beaten
- Water, 1 Tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F.
- Cook the chicken breast in a crock pot on low for at least 3 hrs. Pull the cooked chicken from the crock pot, strip the meat and set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry and cut to fit a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- In a stockpot, make a roux by melting butter and slowly whisking in flour, Bone Suckin’® Sweet Spicy Mustard, Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning & Rub, salt and pepper until it is a thick paste. Whisk in the chicken stock, cup by cup, until the roux mixture is semi thick and not too thin. (You may not use all of the chicken broth to get it to the consistency that you want.) Cook the mixture on low for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken, the vegetable mix and the potatoes to the stockpot mixture and remove from heat.
- In a 13×9 casserole dish ladle the vegetable and broth mixture until it is 1/2 full. Place the puff pastry on top of the mixture. Combine the egg and water in a small bowl and whisk. Paint the egg wash onto the dough. Cook the pot pie in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Recipe serves 4. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be made in small ramekins, to make individual pot pies.