Bone Suckin’® French Onion Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Soup
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning, 2 Tbsp.
- Yellow Onions, 6 large, thinly sliced
- Unsalted Butter, 1/2 stick
- All Purpose Flour, 2 Tbsp.
- Beef Broth, 1 1/2 quarts
- Beef Bouillon, 1 Tbsp. (I used organic and low sodium), optional
- White Wine, 1/2 cup
- French Bread, 1 loaf, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- Gruyère Cheese, 3/4 lb., coarsely grated
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, cook the onions in butter over moderate heat, stirring frequently, for 40 minutes. Sprinkle Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning and flour over the onion mixture and stir for 3-4 minutes. Turn the heat up on stove and add the broth and wine slowly, continuing to stir until the soup comes to a boil. (If using the bouillon, add at this time, too.) Lower the heat and simmer the soup covered for 20 minutes.
- Take French bread slices and top with grated Gruyère. Toast until cheese has melted.
- Place 1-2 slices of bread in a soup bowl (depending on if you are using a bowl or cup) and pour the soup over the piece of bread. Add more cheese to each bowl and serve hot. Recipe serves 6 to 8.