Bone Suckin’® Garlic Knots Recipe
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Bone Suckin Chicken Seasoning, 2 tsp.
- Warm Water, 1 3/4 cup (this needs to be at least 115˚)
- Olive Oil, 1/4 cup, extra for oiling hands, pans and surfaces
- Sea Salt, 1 tsp.
- Sugar, 1 Tbsp.
- Dry Active Yeast, 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- All Purpose Flour, 5 1/2 cup, extra for flouring
- Garlic Topping:
- Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp.
- Butter, 2 Tbsp.
- Garlic, 3 Tbsp., minced
- Parsley, 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Sea Salt, 1/4 tsp.
- Combine water, olive oil, sea salt, sugar, Bone Suckin Chicken Seasoning and active dry yeast in a bowl. Mix well to dissolve yeast. Let this sit until the yeast starts to bubble.
- In a large bowl place flour and add yeast mix. Incorporate the flour and yeast into a dough ball. Pour a small bit of olive oil in the bottom of the large bowl and place the dough ball back into bowl. Set bowl in a warm place and cover. The dough ball will take about an hour to rise (double in size).
- Once it has doubled in size chill the dough for 30 minutes (the dough can be refrigerated for several days, if you need to do this ahead of time). Oil hands, cutting board and rolling pin to keep dough from sticking.
- Cut dough ball in half, to make dough easier to handle. On a cutting board, roll out dough to make rectangle approximately 5″x16″ and 1/2 inch thick. Cut strips 1/2 inch wide x 5 inches long. Repeat with other dough ball.
- Flour cutting board and roll each strip to make a rope. Tie rope into a knot and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Knots should be about 1 1/2 inches apart. Cover the baking sheet with a dry cloth and set aside in a warm draft free place to rise.
- Preheat oven to 400˚. After knots have doubled in size take off cloth and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While knots are baking combine olive oil, butter and garlic, and gently warm into a sauce. Once warm, add parsley and sea salt.
- After removing knots from oven brush knots with garlic/parsley topping. Serves 10.