- Generously rub all sides of Boston Butt (or sometimes called Pork Shoulder) with Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub.
- Place in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat Grill to 250°F with an indirect area for cooking. (Indirect means no flame directly under the meat).
- Place on grill, fat side down and cook with indirect heat. Cook Boston Butt at 250° for about 1 – 1½ hours per pound, or until meat reaches internal temperature of 203° F.
- OR OVEN METHOD We find the oven method takes us about 4-5 hours
– Preheat oven to Bake 325° F. Place in oven safe pan or disposable aluminum pan with high sides, fat side down. Bake Boston Butt at 325° for about 1 – 1½ hours per pound, or until meat reaches internal temperature of 203° F.
- Use a thermometer. Note that a temperature stall sometimes takes place around 160°F which could add 1 hour or more to cook time. Give yourself at least 1.5 hours per pound. After meat reaches 140° F you can wrap in aluminum foil to speed up the cook time a little. Remove from grill or oven and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Optional: Baste Boston Butt with Bone Suckin’ Sauce during last 15 minutes of grilling.
- Also you can add Bone Suckin’ Sauce in while you are chopping the boston butt.
- May be sliced or shredded and served as entree or on a bun.
- Recipe serves 10-12.
- Leftovers can be placed in 1 pound bags and put in refrigerator for a 2-3 days. Longer than 3 days you should freeze them for meals at a later date or give to friends or family. You can microwave to reheat barbecue on a microwave safe plate with a paper towel over it or if in FoodSaver bag you can reheat it in hot water on the stove.
Use your leftovers to make the Bone Suckin’ BBQ Sandwich !