Bone Suckin’® Grilled Shrimp and Bread Salad Recipe
Our salad recipes are bursting with flavor!
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 25 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree, Salad
- Bone Suckin’ Seasoning and Rub, Hot, 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice, 6 Tbsp.
- Olive oil, 1/2 cup
- Balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup
- Minced garlic, 1 Tbsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bone Suckin’ Sauce, 3/4 jar
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1 lb.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes, 1 pint
- Cucumber, diced, 1
- Red onion, thinly sliced, 1
- Yellow or red pepper, cut into wide strips, 1
- Pita bread, 2 pieces
- Feta cheese crumbled, 1/3 cup
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes, 6 to 8
- Preheat grill.
- Put shrimp into a bowl and pour Bone Suckin’ Sauce over shrimp. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. When they have marinated, put them on skewers, careful not to overcrowd.
- Whisk together, in a bowl, lemon juice, olive oil, Bone Suckin’ Hot Seasoning and Rub, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour half of this mixture into a smaller bowl and set aside.
- To half of the dressing add tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion.
- On the grill place pita bread and peppers for about 3 minutes, turning several times. The pita bread needs to be crispy and peppers soft. Dice peppers and add to other vegetables. Set pita bread aside.
- Grill shrimp for about 2 mins. on each side, basting with Bone Suckin’ Sauce. Do not overcook shrimp. When shrimp are done place them in a bowl with the vegetables and then break up toasted pitas into bite size pieces. Recipe serves 4.
- Add the remaining salad dressing, toss and then add crumbled feta cheese.