Bone Suckin’® Hummus Recipe
This Hummus is wonderful with pine nuts, roasted red peppers, salad recipes and more. The Bone Suckin’ Hiccuppin’ Hot Habanero Sauce gives it an itty bitty kick!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dip
- Bone Suckin’ Hiccuppin’ Hot Habanero Sauce,1 tsp.
- Chickpeas, 2 cups, (dried and soaked chickpeas are best, but you may used canned)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or more as needed for drizzling, 1/4 Tbsp
- Tahini (sesame paste), 1/2 cup
- Water, 1 cup (maybe more for easier blending)
- Lemon Juice, 1/4 cup
- Garlic, 2 tsp., minced
- Sea Salt, 1/2 tsp.
- Ground Cumin, 1 tsp.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Fresh Parsley, 2 tsp. finely chopped, for garnish
- In a blender combine all the ingredients except the Parsley, which will be used for garnish.
- Blend on a low speed until it is creamy smooth. It is best to put the most liquid ingredients in first, ending with the Chickpeas, this make it easier for blending. If the mixture is too dry or hard to blend, add more water, this will make the blending easier.
- Scrape the Hummus into a bowl. Sprinkle the Parsley on top and drizzle a little bit of Olive Oil over the Hummus. Cover and refrigerate before serving. Recipe serves 6.