Bone Suckin’® Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Kids will love this recipe!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: Side Dish
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning, 1 Tbsp.
- Elbow Macaroni, 1 lb.
- Unsalted Butter, 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour, 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp.
- Whole Milk, 4 cups
- Dry Mustard, 1 1/2 tsp.
- Cayenne, 1/8 tsp.
- Extra Sharp Cheddar, 1 1/2 cups, grated
- Gruyère Cheese, 1 1/2 cups, grated
- Parmesan Cheese, 1 1/3 cups
- Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs), 1 cup
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a heavy sauce pan, melt butter over a moderately low heat. Add Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning and flour. Cook a Roux by whisking the melted butter, flour and Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning together for at least 3 minutes. Add milk in a slow stream, constantly whisking (to prevent scalding) and bring to a boil. Add mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper. Let sauce simmer and thicken for 3 minutes.
- In a large stockpot, bring salted water to a boil, add pasta, cook for 7 minutes and then drain well. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese. In a large bowl, mix together macaroni, cheddar cheese, Gruyere and Parmesan. Add sauce and then transfer to an oven-safe dish. Top with the Panko/Parmesan mixture.
- Bake Macaroni and Cheese in oven at 350˚ for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden and bubbling. Recipe serves 8 to 10 as a side dish.