Bone Suckin’® Mayonnaise Turkey Recipe
The smell of the herb combination cooking slowly in this recipe will make your mouth water! And the turkey absorbs all that flavor!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 50 mins
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning, 1 Tbsp. (heaping)
- Turkey, thawed, rinsed and patted dry, 12-14 lbs.
- Fresh Sage, chopped finely, 1/4 cup
- Rosemary, chopped finely, 1/4 cup
- Oregano, chopped finely, 1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise, 1 1/2 cup
- Celery, roughly chopped, 5 stalks
- Red Onion, chopped roughly, 1
- Butter, 1 stick
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste and season bird
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, blend Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning, mayonnaise and herbs together well.
- Rub mayo/herb mixture all over turkey, outside (including all cracks and crevices). Insert stick of butter in cavity of turkey, place celery and red onions inside and along side of turkey. Sea salt and pepper turkey well.
- Roast turkey for 30 minutes at 400˚F, reduce heat to 350˚F and continue to roast turkey for an additional 3 hours (cook an additional 20 minutes per pound of turkey). If the turkey is browning too rapidly, tent with aluminum foil. The internal temperature of a cooked turkey should be 165˚F – 170˚F.
- Once turkey is done, let it rest for 20 minutes in order for the juices to redistribute themselves inside the turkey. This makes for a juicier turkey and easier to carve. Save drippings for gravy! Recipe serves 8 to 10.
3 1/2 hour cook time is for a 13 lb. turkey. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your bird. We recommend cooking an additional 20 minutes per pound of turkey. The turkey needs to be 170˚ in the interior breast in order for it to be fully cooked. It is best to test this with a meat thermometer.