Bone Suckin’® Mayonnaise Turkey Recipe
The smell of the herb combination cooking slowly in this Mayonnaise Turkey recipe will make your mouth water! And the turkey absorbs all that flavor!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 50 mins
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning, 1 Tbsp. (heaping)
- Turkey, thawed, rinsed and patted dry, 12-14 lbs.
- Fresh Sage, chopped finely, 1/4 cup
- Rosemary, chopped finely, 1/4 cup
- Oregano, chopped finely, 1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise, 1 1/2 cup
- Celery, roughly chopped, 5 stalks
- Red Onion, chopped roughly, 1
- Butter, 1 stick
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste and season bird
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, blend the Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning, mayonnaise and herbs together well.
- Rub the mayo/herb mixture all over the turkey, outside (including all cracks and crevices). Insert a stick of butter in the cavity of the turkey, place the celery and red onions inside and along the side of the turkey. Sea salt and pepper the turkey well.
- Roast the turkey for 30 minutes at 400˚ F, reduce the heat to 350˚ F and continue to roast the turkey for an additional 3 hours (cook an additional 20 minutes per pound of turkey). If the turkey is browning too rapidly, tent with aluminum foil. The internal temperature of a cooked turkey should be 165˚ F – 170˚ F.
- Once the turkey is done, let it rest for 20 minutes in order for the juices to redistribute themselves inside the turkey. This makes for a juicier turkey and easier to carve. Save the drippings for gravy! Recipe serves 8 to 10. Enjoy!
3 1/2 hour cook time is for a 13 lb. turkey. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your bird. We recommend cooking an additional 20 minutes per pound of turkey. The turkey needs to be 170˚ F in the interior breast in order for it to be fully cooked. It is best to test this with a meat thermometer.