Bone Suckin’® Onion Strings Recipe
Serve this appetizer recipe at your next party!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer, Side
- Bone Suckin Seasoning & Rub, Hot, 2 Tbsp.
- Onion, 1 large, sliced thinly
- Buttermilk, 2 cups
- All Purpose Flour, 2 cups
- Cayenne Pepper, 1/4 tsp.
- Peanut Oil, 1 qt.
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice onion very thin. Place in a baking dish, cover with buttermilk and soak for at least an hour.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large resealable bag.
- Heat oil in a deep pot to 375˚. (It is important to keep the oil this hot, so use a frying thermometer.)
- Place some of the onions in the bag and shake, coating the onions. Place onions into hot oil and fry until they are golden brown. Let the oil heat back up to 375˚ and repeat until all of the onion is fried. Recipe serves 2.
This is a great recipe that goes nicely with sliders and chili. It tastes amazing with Bone Suckin’ Spicy Dip.