Bone Suckin’® Pig Roast Recipe
The perfect pig roast recipe for your next party, Bone Suckin’® style!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 70-80
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grill
- Combine all of the ingredients; mix well. Allow the mixture to stand for 4 hours before using.
- Place the pig on the grill, skin side down. Sprinkle inside lightly with salt. Raise the grill temperature to 350 degrees F.
- After 1 hour, reduce grill temperature to 275 degrees F.
- Cook the pig 1 hour for every 15 pounds or until the temperature probe into hams reaches 170 degrees F and no pink meat is visible when hams and shoulders are cut (a 90 pound pig is about 6 hours).
- After 4 hours, punch holes through the pig for the grease to run out. Give the pig a vinegar sauce bath to help release the grease.
- Every hour until served, baste the pig with sauce, pouring about 1” into the rib cavity.
The perfect pig roast recipe for your next party, Bone Suckin’ style!