Bone Suckin’® Pig Roast Recipe
The perfect pig roast recipe for your next party, Bone Suckin’ style!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 70-80
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Sauce, Regular or Hot, 1 Gallon
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Gallon
- Salt, 3/4 cup
- Red or Black Pepper, 2 Tbsp.
- Red Pepper Flakes, 3 Tbsp.
- Brown Sugar, 1 cup, firmly packed or Molasses, 1 pint jar
- Combine all ingredients; mix well. Allow to stand 4 hours before using.
- Place the pig on the grill, skin side down. Sprinkle inside lightly with salt. Raise grill temperature to 350 degrees.
- After 1 hour, reduce grill temperature to 275 degrees.
- Cook the pig 1 hour for every 15 pounds or until the temperature probe into hams reaches 170 degrees and no pink meat is visible when hams and shoulders are cut (a 90 pound pig is about 6 hours).
- After 4 hours, punch holes through pig for grease to run out. Give the pig a vinegar bath to help release the grease.
- Every hour until served, baste the pig with sauce, pouring about 1” into the rib cavity.