Bone Suckin’® Prosciutto Wrapped Scallop Skewers Recipe
Great grilling recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Appetizer
- Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub, 5 Tbsp.
- Dry Sea Scallops, 1 lb.
- Prosciutto, 6 slices
- Onion, 1 small, diced
- Fresh Spinach, 12 oz.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 6 Tbsp.
- Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon Zest, 1 tsp.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wooden Skewers, 8, soaked in water
- Before cooking food, bring olive oil, in a saucepan, to a medium heat. Add onions and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub. Cook onions until translucent. Add fresh spinach to saucepan and turn with tongs until spinach is coated with olive oil and heated. Cook for 3 minutes, turning constantly. Pull from heat (spinach will continue to cook) and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Cut prosciutto slices in half lengthwise and wrap around the side of scallops. Run 2 skewers through the scallops, so it resembles a ladder (scallops will not spin and will cook more evenly). Place 3 scallops per skewer. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub. Place on grill and cook 5 minutes per side.
- Divide spinach evenly between 4 plates, remove scallops from skewers and place 3 scallops per plate on top of spinach. Drizzle lemon vinaigrette over scallops and spinach. Recipe serves 4.