Bone Suckin’® Pumpkin and Apple Soup Recipe
Pumpkin and Apple Soup is a hot soup recipe for a cold night!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Soup
- Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning, 1 Tbsp.
- Cooking or Sugar Pumpkin, 1 (5 lb.) or 3 (15 oz.) cans of pumpkin purée
- Butter, 4 Tbsp.
- Yellow Onion, 2, chopped
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Smoked Paprika, 1 Tbsp.
- Ground Cumin, 1/2 tsp.
- Cayenne Pepper, pinch
- Granny Smith Apple, 3, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Apple Juice, 1/2 cup
- Chicken Broth, 6 cups*
- Cream, 1 cup
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds for garnish
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- To make a pumpkin purée, cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds with an ice cream scoop and lay the pumpkin halves face down on a foiled baking sheet. Bake at 350˚ F for 45 minutes to an hour or until the pumpkin is soft. Scoop out the softened pumpkin and puree until the consistency is smooth.
- Melt the butter in a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, stirring often. Add the smoked paprika, Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning, cayenne and cumin and stir into the onions and garlic.
- Add the pumpkin puree and broth. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, place the chopped apples in a food processor with the apple juice and puree. Set aside.
- Working in batches, puree the soup until the consistency is very smooth and then pour back into the saucepan. Add pureed apples and 3/4 cup of cream to the soup and stir. Bring the temperature of the soup back up and ladle into bowls. Pour about 1 Tbsp. of cream onto the soup and stir in a swirling pattern. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. Recipe serves 6. Enjoy!
*To prepare vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.