Bone Suckin’® Red Beans and Rice Recipe
This Red Beans and Rice recipe is full of flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entree, Side
- Bone Suckin’® Steak Seasoning & Rub, 1 Tbsp.
- Bone Suckin’® Hiccuppin’ Hot® Habanero Sauce, to taste (optional)
- Andouille Turkey Sausage, 12 oz., sliced
- Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- Onion, 1 medium, chopped
- Thyme, 1 tsp., dried
- Red Kidney Beans, 2 cans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- Chicken Broth, 2 cups
- Green Onions, ½ cup, thinly sliced for garnish
- Long Grain Rice, 2 cups
- Water, 4 cups
- In a medium pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rice sit, covered, until serving.
- Place the sausage into a large, cold sauté pan. Heat over medium heat until the sausage starts to brown and some fat is rendered from the sausage. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers, onion and thyme to pan. Cook until the onions are soft. Add beans and Bone Suckin’® Steak Seasoning & Rub. Stir. Pour in broth and the sausage. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve the red beans over rice, garnish with green onions and add Bone Suckin’® Hiccuppin’ Hot® Habanero Sauce for more spice and taste if desired. Recipe serves 6. Enjoy!