Bone Suckin’® Rosemary Lamb Shanks Recipe
These Rosemary Lamb Shanks are another great crock pot recipe!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 4 hours 15 mins
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Sauce, 8 oz.
- Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, 1 Tbsp.
- Lamb Shanks, 2 lbs. (should be about 4 shanks)
- Yellow Onions, 2 large, thinly sliced
- Sherry or Red Wine, 1 cup
- Beef Broth, 2 cups
- Minced Garlic, 4 tsp.
- Fresh Rosemary, 1 sprig
- Fresh Thyme, 1 sprig
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp.
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Egg Noodles, 1 pkg. (follow instructions on package)
- Before cooking the food, place the lamb shanks in a large re-sealable plastic bag and pour in Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Sauce. Let the shanks marinate for at least 1 hr.
- Sear the shanks in a large skillet over heat, in olive oil, until all the sides are browned.
- Add Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, onions and garlic to pan and sauté until the onions soften.
- Pour wine over the onions and garlic and stir. Raise the heat to a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the rosemary and thyme sprigs in the bottom of a large crock pot and add the shanks. Pour the wine/sherry sauce with onions and garlic over the shanks and add broth. Cook in a crock pot on medium for 4 hrs., turning the shanks in sauce occasionally. The meat should be falling off the bone. Prepare the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Serve the shanks over the egg noodles. Ladle the noodles with extra broth. Sea salt and pepper to taste. Recipe serves 4. Enjoy!