Bone Suckin’® Rosemary Lamb Shanks Recipe
Another great crock pot recipe!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 4 hours 15 mins
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce, 8 oz.
- Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub, 1 Tbsp.
- Lamb Shanks, 2 lbs. (should be about 4 shanks)
- Yellow Onions, 2 large, thinly sliced
- Sherry or Red Wine, 1 cup
- Beef Broth, 2 cups
- Minced Garlic, 4 tsp.
- Fresh Rosemary, 1 sprig
- Fresh Thyme, 1 sprig
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp.
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Egg Noodles, 1 pkg. (follow instructions on package)
- Before cooking food, place lamb shanks in a large re-sealable plastic bag and pour in Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce. Let shanks marinate for at least 1 hr.
- Sear shanks in a large skillet over heat, in olive oil, until all sides are browned.
- Add Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub, onions and garlic to pan and sauté until onions soften.
- Pour wine over onions and garlic and stir. Raise the heat to a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the rosemary and thyme sprigs in the bottom of a large crock pot and add the shanks. Pour the wine/sherry sauce with onions and garlic over shanks and add broth. Cook in crock pot on medium for 4 hrs., turning shanks in sauce occasionally. The meat should be falling off the bone. Prepare egg noodles according to the package instructions. Serve shanks over egg noodles. Ladle noodles with extra broth. Sea salt and pepper to taste. Recipe serves 4.