Bone Suckin’® Rubbed Short Ribs Recipe
Slow Cooker Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub, 4 Tbsp. (2 Tbsp. for ribs, 2 Tbsp. for gravy)
- Beef Short Ribs, 8
- All Purpose Flour, 1/4 cup
- Pancetta, 6 pieces, thinly sliced and diced
- Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp.
- Onion, 1 whole medium, diced finely
- Carrots, 3 whole, finely diced
- Shallots, 2 whole, peeled and finely diced
- Red Wine, 2 cups
- Beef or Chicken Broth, 2 cups or more to completely cover ribs
- Thyme, 2 sprigs (whole)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium, flat bottomed container, mix Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub, sea salt, pepper and flour. Dredge ribs, covering all sides, in the dry mix. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook pancetta until crispy. Remove pancetta and set aside. Do not discard grease.
- Add olive oil to pancetta grease and raise heat to high. Brown ribs on all sides, about a minute per side. Remove ribs and set aside. Turn heat to medium.
- Place onions, carrots and shallots in skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine to skillet, stir and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Add broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put ribs in a slow-cooker and pour broth over ribs. Add sprigs of thyme to slow-cooker.
- Cook ribs in slow cooker for at least 6 hours or more if you would like. The meat should be falling off the bone and in wonderful gravy. Recipe serves 8.
This is a dish that is also better the next day. It can be refrigerated, but the fat that solidifies should be skimmed off the top. Reheat and serve over Bone Suckin’ Goat Cheese Potatoes or rice!