Bone Suckin’® Rubbed Short Ribs Recipe
Slow Cooker Rubbed Short Ribs Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, 4 Tbsp. (2 Tbsp. for ribs, 2 Tbsp. for gravy)
- Beef Short Ribs, 8
- All Purpose Flour, 1/4 cup
- Pancetta, 6 pieces, thinly sliced and diced
- Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp.
- Onion, 1 whole medium, diced finely
- Carrots, 3 whole, finely diced
- Shallots, 2 whole, peeled and finely diced
- Red Wine, 2 cups
- Beef or Chicken Broth, 2 cups or more to completely cover ribs
- Thyme, 2 sprigs (whole)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium, flat bottomed container, mix Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, sea salt, pepper and flour. Dredge the ribs, covering all sides, in the dry mix. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the pancetta until crispy. Remove the pancetta and set aside. Do not discard the grease.
- Add the olive oil to the pancetta grease and raise the heat to high. Brown the ribs on all sides, about a minute per side. Remove the ribs and set aside. Turn heat to medium.
- Place the onions, carrots and shallots in a skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine to skillet, stir and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Add broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the ribs in a slow-cooker and pour broth over ribs. Add sprigs of thyme to slow-cooker.
- Cook the ribs in a slow cooker for at least 6 hours or more if you would like. The meat should be falling off the bone and in wonderful gravy. Recipe serves 8. Enjoy!
This is a dish that is also better the next day. It can be refrigerated, but the fat that solidifies should be skimmed off the top. Reheat and serve over Bone Suckin’® Goat Cheese Potatoes or rice!