Bone Suckin’® Rueben Recipe
Warm sandwich recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Sweet/Spicy Mustard, 4 Tbsp.
- Corned Beef, 20 slices, sliced very thinly
- Rye Bread, 4 slices
- Water, 4 Tbsp.
- Butter,1/4 cup
- Swiss Cheese, 2 slices
- Sauerkraut, 1/2 cup, more if needed
- Thousand Island Dressing, 2 Tbsp.
- Spread Bone Suckin’ Sweet/Spicy Mustard over one side of 4 pieces of rye bread.
- Before cooking food, slice 20 pieces of corned beef very thinly. Stack 10 pieces of corned beef on top of each other and curl the ends underneath, making a type of corned beef ball, repeat with 10 more slices. In a shallow bowl, with 4 tablespoons of water, place corned beef, seam side down, in bowl and microwave for 12 seconds on high.
- In a large skillet, on medium high, melt half of the butter. When butter is melted, add sauerkraut to pan and sauté for 5 minutes (most of the juices will evaporate and some of the sauerkraut will be seared). Divide in two servings and set on top of bread with Bone Suckin’ Sweet/SpicyMustard.
- Place heated corned beef on top of other piece of bread without sauerkraut and top with Swiss cheese. Put top and bottoms of sandwiches together.
- Melt the remaining butter in skillet and place sandwiches in skillet to brown bread about 3-5 minutes per side. Once bread has browned, remove from skillet, cut in half and serve hot with a kosher pickle. Recipe serves 2.