Bone Suckin’® Rustic Potato Gratin Recipe
A colorful and tasty recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Side
- Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, 2 tsp.
- Refrigerated Pie Crust, 2
- White Potatoes, 1 1/2 lbs.
- Sweet Potatoes, 1 1/2 lbs. (orange and purple is pretty)
- Rosemary, 1 tsp.
- Heavy Cream, 2/3 cup
- Garlic, 1 tsp., minced
- Gruyere Cheese, 2 1/2 cups, about 12 oz.
- Parmesan Cheese, 1/2 cup, grated or shredded
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 450˚. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one pie crust and sprinkle Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub, 1/4 cup of Gruyere cheese, rosemary and some salt and pepper. Top with the remaining pie crust and roll them out into a 13 inch circle. Press the pie crust into a buttered, 9 inch springform pan, fold edges under and chill.
- Peel and thinly slice all potatoes.
- Layer 1/3 of potatoes (mixing sweet and white) on top of the crust, salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of Gruyere and 1 Tbsp. of parmesan and repeat twice. This may require some pressing to fit the potatoes into the spring form pan.
- Combine heavy cream and garlic in a saucepan and warm slightly to infuse the garlic into the heavy cream. (This may also be done in the microwave for a minute). Pour over the potatoes, sprinkle with remaining cheeses and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour covered and 20 minutes uncovered, or until the crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes, carefully release the spring form pan and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with rosemary. Recipe serves 6 to 8.