Bone Suckin’® Sausage with Apples and Onions Recipe
Sausage with Apples and Onions is a quick and easy sausage recipe!
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning & Rub, 2 Tbsp.
- Butter, 3 Tbsp.
- Sausage, 4-5 fully cooked sausages (we used Chorizo)
- Onion, 1 medium, sliced and halved
- Granny Smith Apple, 1, cored and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Apple Cider or Apple Juice, 1 cup
- Lemon Juice, 2 Tbsp.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until beginning to brown, turning occasionally, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and 1/2 of the sliced apples to the pan. Cook until the onions and apples are tender and brown, stirring often, this takes about 5 minutes.
- Add apple cider, rest of apple slices, and Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning & Rub. Increase the heat to high and stir until the liquid is reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the onions and apples to a serving plate and top with sausages, using a slotted spoon. Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into the cider mixture. Drizzle over the sausage and serve. Recipe serves 2. Enjoy!