Bone Suckin’® Sausage with Apples and Onions Recipe
Quick and easy sausage recipe!
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Rub, 2 Tbsp.
- Butter, 3 Tbsp.
- Sausage, 4-5 fully cooked sausages (we used Chorizo)
- Onion, 1 medium, sliced and halved
- Granny Smith Apple, 1, cored and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Apple Cider or Apple Juice, 1 cup
- Lemon Juice, 2 Tbsp.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and cook until beginning to brown, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and 1/2 of sliced apples to the pan. Cook until onions and apples are tender and brown, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple cider, rest of apple slices, and Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning. Increase heat to high and stir until liquid is reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer onions and apples to a serving plate and top with sausages, using a slotted spoon. Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into the cider mixture. Drizzle over the sausage and serve. Recipe serves 2.