Bone Suckin’® Savory Bread Pudding Recipe
Great recipe for brunch!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Side
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Rub & Seasoning, 2 Tbsp.
- Eggs, 5 large
- Whole Milk, 1 1/2 cups
- Heavy Cream, 1/2 cup
- Bacon, 6 slices, chopped
- Shallot, 1, finely chopped
- Garlic, 2 Tbsp., minced
- Spinach or Arugula, 6 cups, fresh
- Bread (Country Style), 6 cups, 1 inch cubes
- Gruyere Cheese, 1 1/2 cups, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning & Rub, milk, cream, eggs, sea salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium for 10 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. of bacon grease from skillet. Cook shallot and garlic, stirring constantly, in skillet for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add arugula or spinach in batches. Stir and cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in the bowl with the egg mixture and add cheese. Add arugula/spinach, shallots and garlic into bowl. Transfer all of this into a 2 qt. baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes covered and an additional 10 minutes uncovered. Serve hot. It is even better the next day for leftovers. Recipe serves 6 to 8.