Bone Suckin’® Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
This Shepherd’s Pie recipe is full of flavor!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Bone Suckin’® Steak Seasoning & Rub, 3 Tbsp.
- Tri Tip Steak, 1 lb., cubed
- Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp.
- Frozen Soup Vegetables, 1 bag (16 oz.), carrots, peas, corn
- Brown Rice Flour, 2 Tbsp.
- Onion, 1 cup, diced
- Butter, 1 Tbsp.
- Red Wine, 1 cup
- Tomato Paste, 2 Tbsp.
- Worcestershire Sauce, 2 Tbsp.
- Beef Broth, 1 cup
- Thyme, 1 sprig or 1 tsp.
- Bone Suckin’® Baked Potato Casserole Recipe, ½ recipe, or 3 cups of mashed potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
- Place the steak cubes and 2 tablespoons of Bone Suckin’® Steak Seasoning & Rub in a resealable bag and shake to coat well.
- Pour olive oil in a Dutch oven and heat to medium high. Sear the steak on all sides and set aside.
- Melt butter in the Dutch oven, add onions and cook for 4 minutes or until they are transparent. Add in vegetables and cook for 6 minutes. Sprinkle brown rice flour and 1 tablespoon of Bone Suckin’® Steak Seasoning & Rub over the vegetables and stir well. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Stir well. Pour wine and broth into the Dutch oven and stir well. This will turn into gravy.
- Add the meat back into the Dutch oven. Place the lid on the Dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, take the meat out with a slotted spoon, place the meat in a bowl and shred. Spread the meat evenly in a deep casserole dish.
- Spoon the contents of the dutch oven over the meat and top with Bone Suckin’® Baked Potato Casserole or mashed potatoes. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Recipe serves 6-8.
This recipe is full of flavor!