Bone Suckin’® Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Delicious Shrimp and Grits Recipe! Make this classic Southern barbecue recipe Bone Suckin’® good!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Sauce, Hot Thicker Style, 1 1/2 cups
- Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, 1 Tbsp.
- Frozen Shrimp, med size, peeled, thawed & drained, 2 lbs.
- Vegetable Stock or Fish Stock, 2-3 cups
- Vegetable Oil, 1/4 cup
- Onion, med size & chopped, 1
- Celery Stalks, chopped, 2
- Green Pepper, med size, chopped, 1
- Garlic Cloves, chopped, 2
- Lemon Juice, 1 tsp.
- Worchestershire Sauce, 1/2 tsp.
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 6 Tbsp.
- Milk, 2 1/2 cups
- Water, 2 1/2 cups
- Uncooked, Quick-Cooking Grits,1 1/2 cups
- Before cooking the food, heat oil in a Dutch Oven or a large pan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour is caramel colored (about 8-10 minutes). Add the onion, celery, pepper, Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub and garlic. Cook, stirring often (about every 5-7 minutes), until tender.
- Stir in 2 cups of stock, Bone Suckin’® Sauce, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the Shrimp and cook 10 minutes, stirring in 1/2 to 1 cup of remaining stock, to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, bring the milk and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Serve shrimp over grits. Recipe serves 8. Enjoy!