Bone Suckin’® Spicy Yaki Wings Recipe
These wings are kickin’ and a great appetizer recipe for any occasion, but go especially well with football games!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce, 1 cup
- Bone Suckin’ Hiccuppin’ Hot Habanero Sauce, 2 tsp. (or adjust amount to your taste)
- Bone Suckin’ Sweet Spicy Mustard, 1 Tbsp.
- Chicken Wings, 2 lbs.
- Rice Flour, 1/2 cup
- Rice Vinegar, 2 Tbsp.
- Garlic, 3 Tbsp., minced
- Cornstarch, 1 Tbsp.
- Water, 1/2 cup, plus 1 Tbsp.
- Peanut Oil, 1 Tbsp., plus 1 to 2 cups for frying wings
- Parsley, 1/2 cup, chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Scallions, 1/2 cup, sliced for garnish
- In small saucepan, sauté garlic, until it is golden brown, in 1 tablespoon of peanut oil. Add Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce, Bone Suckin’ Sweet Spicy Mustard and Bone Suckin’ Hiccuppin’ Hot Habanero Sauce, Rice Vinegar and stir. In a small bowl, combine corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water, mix thoroughly, and add to sauce. Cook sauce at a simmer and stir. The sauce will thicken.
- Put chicken wings, rice flour, sea salt and pepper in resealable bag and shake, coating wings thoroughly. In a high sided skillet, add enough peanut oil to fill the skillet about 3/4 of an inch deep. Heat the oil to 325˚ and fry wings in batches until they are golden brown on each side. After cooking food, remove wings and let drain on paper towels. To keep warm, set wings in oven at 200˚ until all wings have been fried.
- In simmering sauce, add parsley and stir. In a large bowl, place wings and pour 1/2 to 3/4 of the sauce over wings, turning with tongs to coat wings well. Place wings on platter and sprinkle with sliced scallions. Pour remaining sauce in a bowl for dipping. Recipe serves 6.