Bone Suckin’® Steak Pinwheels Recipe
Great recipe for your next dinner date!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Steak Seasoning & Rub, 3 Tbsp.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes (not in oil), ¼ cup, cut up in small pieces
- Flank Steak, 1 lb.
- Chopped Spinach, 16 oz., thawed and well drained
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, 3 Tbsp.
- Basil, 2 Tbsp., snipped into small pieces
- In a small bowl, hydrate sun-dried tomato pieces in very warm water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Score steak diagonally, at 1 inch intervals, in a diamond pattern. Place steak between two pieces of plastic wrap. Working from the middle of the steak to the edges, pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to form a rectangle that measures 12 x 8. Remove plastic and rub 2 tablespoons of Bone Suckin’ Steak Seasoning & Rub onto both sides of steak.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, 1 tablespoon of Bone Suckin’ Steak Seasoning & Rub, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Spread spinach mixture onto one side of steak. Roll steak, from narrowest side, into a log ( secure with toothpicks, if needed). Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Cut log into 1 inch thick slices and place pinwheels, cut side down, on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place pinwheels in oven and broil, 3 to 4 inches from broiler, for 15 minutes or until medium (140˚internal temp). Adjust time according to steak preference. Recipe serves 6.