Bone Suckin’® Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Homemade turkey pot pie recipe
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Rub and Seasoning, 1 Tbsp.
- Bone Suckin’ Sweet Spicy Mustard, 1 tsp.
- Turkey Meat, 2 cups (leftovers)
- Chicken broth, 1, 32 ounces*
- Butter, 1 stick
- All Purpose Flour, 1 cup
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mixed Vegetables, 2 cups (carrots, peas and corn)
- Red Potatoes, 3 medium, skinned, cubed and cooked
- Puff Pastry, 1 sheet
- Egg, 1, beaten
- Water, 1 Tbsp.
- Preheat oven 375˚
- This is what you can do with your leftover turkey. Just shred or dice the meat into cubes.
- Thaw the puff pastry and cut to fit a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- In a stockpot, make a roux by melting butter and slowly whisking in flour, Bone Suckin’ Sweet Spicy Mustard, Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning & Rub, salt and pepper until it is a thick paste. Whisk in chicken stock cup by cup until the roux mixture is semi thick and not too thin. (You may or may not use all of the chicken broth to get it to the consistency that you want.) Cook mixture on low for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the turkey, vegetable mix and potatoes to the stockpot mixture and take off of the heat.
- In a 13×9 casserole dish, ladle the vegetable and broth mixture until it is 1/2 full. Place the puff pastry on top of the mixture, combine egg and water in a small bowl, whisk and paint the egg wash onto dough. (This gives the puff pastry a shiny surface.) Cook pot pie in oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Recipe serves 4.
This recipe can also be made in small ramekins, to make individual pot pies.
*If you have turkey broth, use it, but chicken stock is easier to find in the stores.