Bone Suckin’® Watercress Soup Recipe
Another one of our great soup recipes
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Soup
- Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub, 1 Tbsp.
- Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce, 1/2 cup*
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp.
- Onions, 2, diced
- Leek, 1 large (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- Vegetable broth, 4 cups
- Watercress, 2 bunches, stems removed
- Sour Cream, 1 cup
- Yukon Gold Potatoes, 3, boiled and puréed
- —–Green Onion Cream—–
- Bone Suckin’ Sauce, 1/4 tsp.
- Crème Fraîche, 1/2 cup
- Green Onions, 2, thinly sliced (reserve dark green parts for garnish)
- Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon Zest, 2 tsp.
- Before cooking food, heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add Bone Suckin’ Seasoning & Rub and onions. Sauté until soft, stirring often. Add leeks and sauté for 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let cool.
- Place watercress in a blender and pour in half of the broth; blend until smooth. Add sour cream and blend until combined (this may have to be done in batches to completely blend the soup). Add Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce and puréed potatoes; stir into soup. Cook on low heat for 1 hour, stirring often.
- Green Onion Sauce:
- Whisk Crème Fraîche (found in most specialty food stores in the dairy dept.), Bone Suckin’ Sauce, white and pale parts of green onions and all other ingredients together in a small bowl (This is best made 1 day ahead). Cover and chill.
- Serve soup warm or cold, in a shallow bowl, top with Green Onion Sauce and garnish with dark green onions. Recipe serves 6.
- *Cook’s note- Watercress can be bitter and the Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce counteracts the bitterness, so adjustments may be made according to taste.