Bone Suckin’® Watercress Soup Recipe
Watercress Soup is another one of our great soup recipes!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Soup
- Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub, 1 Tbsp.
- Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Sauce, 1/2 cup*
- Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp.
- Onions, 2, diced
- Leek, 1 large (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- Vegetable broth, 4 cups
- Watercress, 2 bunches, stems removed
- Sour Cream, 1 cup
- Yukon Gold Potatoes, 3, boiled and puréed
- —–Green Onion Cream—–
- Bone Suckin’® Sauce, 1/4 tsp.
- Crème Fraîche, 1/2 cup
- Green Onions, 2, thinly sliced (reserve dark green parts for garnish)
- Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon Zest, 2 tsp.
- Before cooking the food, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub and onions. Sauté until soft, stirring often. Add leeks and sauté for 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let cool.
- Place watercress in a blender and pour in half of the broth; blend until smooth. Add sour cream and blend until combined (this may have to be done in batches to completely blend the soup). Add Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Sauce and the puréed potatoes; stir into the soup. Cook on low heat for 1 hour, stirring often.
- Green Onion Sauce:
- Whisk Crème Fraîche (found in most specialty food stores in the dairy dept.), Bone Suckin’® Sauce, white and pale parts of green onions and all of the other ingredients together in a small bowl (This is best made 1 day ahead). Cover and chill.
- Serve the soup warm or cold, in a shallow bowl, top with Green Onion Sauce and garnish with dark green onions. Recipe serves 6. Enjoy!
- *Cook’s note- Watercress can be bitter and the Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Sauce counteracts the bitterness, so adjustments may be made according to taste.