Bone Suckin’® Yaki Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Fire Dancer peanuts add zing to this Kung Pao Chicken recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Sauce, 1 Tbsp.
- Rice Vinegar, 1 Tbsp.
- Peanut Oil, 1 Tbsp.
- Cornstarch, 1 Tbsp.
- Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce, 3 Tbsp.
- Rice Wine, 2 Tbsp.
- Rice Vinegar, 3 Tbsp.
- Hoisin Sauce, 2 Tbsp.
- Chicken Breast, 2, boneless, skinless, sliced thinly
- Peanut Oil, 2 Tbsp.
- Dried Red Chilies, 4, stems and seeds removed (I used Moritas)
- Ginger, 1 Tbsp., thinly sliced and smashed
- Garlic, 1 Tbsp., minced and smashed
- Green Onion, 1/4 cup, thinly sliced, white and green parts
- Peanuts, 1/4 cup (I used Fire Dancer Jalapeno Peanuts)
- Cornstarch, 1 Tbsp. plus Water, 2 Tbsp., combined to make a slurry
Kung Pao Chicken Marinade:
- Combine Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil and cornstarch in a medium glass or plastic bowl. Place the chicken in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Kung Pao Chicken:
- Over high heat in a skillet, heat the peanut oil to almost smoking temperature. Toss in chilies, ginger, garlic, green onions and stir fry for 30 to 40 seconds. Turn the heat down to medium-high, add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil. Add the peanuts and slurry (cornstarch and water). Continue cooking the food for another 4 to 5 minutes and stirring frequently. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with green onions. Recipe serves 2. Enjoy!