Bone Suckin’® Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe
This Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe will warm your soul.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: Soup
- Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning & Rub, 2 Tbsp.
- Butter, 1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp.
- Onions, 1, chopped
- Flour, 1/2 cup
- Half and Half, 4 cups
- Chicken Stock, 4 cups*
- Broccoli, 1 lb., chopped
- Carrots, 2 cups, julienne
- Cheddar Cheese, 16 oz., grated
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small pot, sauté an onion in 2 Tbsp. of butter and set aside. In a large pot, melt 1/2 cup of butter. Whisk flour and Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning & Rub into butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Pour the half and half into the mixture and stir vigorously, blending the half and half, Bone Suckin’® Chicken Seasoning & Rub, flour and butter.
- Add the chicken stock, stir and let simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions and continue cooking over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Carefully puree soup in a blender, in batches. (Only fill the blender up half way with hot soup and cover the lid with a towel to protect hands.) This is optional; however it makes for a creamier soup to puree at least half of the soup.
- Keep heating the soup on a low heat and add cheese. Cook for an additional 20 minutes and stir often to prevent scorching. Another option is to, at this point, heat the soup in a double boiler to prevent any scorching. This soup freezes beautifully. Serve warm. Recipe serves 8 to 10. Enjoy!
*To prepare vegetarian, substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock.