Bone Suckin’® Mushroom and Fontina Quiche Recipe
Great recipe for brunch!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entree
- Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning, 1 tsp.
- Refrigerated Pie Crust, 1
- Butter, 2 Tbsp.
- Shallots, 2/3 cup, chopped (about 3 shallots)
- Mushrooms, 5 cups, sliced assorted mushrooms (baby bellas, stemmed shiitakes, crimini, buttons)
- Eggs, 4, large
- Half and Half, 2/3 cup
- Whole Milk, 1/3 cup
- Sea Salt, 1/2 tsp.
- Pepper, 1/2 tsp.
- Fontina Cheese, 1 1/2 cups, coarsely grated (about 7 oz.), divided
- Preheat oven to 450˚. Unroll crust and press it down into a 9 inch, deep pie dish. Bake for about 17 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 325˚.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add shallots. Sauté shallots until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté for 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, milk, sea salt, pepper and Bone Suckin’ Chicken Seasoning & Rub in a large bowl to blend. Stir in 1 cup of Fontina cheese and sautéed mushrooms. Pour filling into crust and sprinkle remaining cheese over crust.
- Bake quiche until puffed, golden brown and just set in the center, about 45 minutes. Cool 30 minutes, cut into wedges and serve. Recipe serves 6.