Southern Charm Burger by MyFox8.com
MyFox8 featured Bone Suckin’® Sauce in their Memorial Day Recipes Special! Here’s the video and the recipe for the Southern Charm Burger.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef or Bison
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Texas Pete or Tabasco
- Bone Suckin’® Sauce for basting
- 8 oz. Container Pimento Cheese Spread
- 1 Large Green Tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ¼ Cup Corn Meal, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 8 Hearty Buns
- Pickled Okra or Chow Chow for condiments
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with a little water and season with salt and pepper. Spread the corn meal out onto a medium-sized plate.
- Before cooking the food, dip tomato slices into the egg, then press into the corn meal to coat the outside. Place the slices onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the tops of tomatoes with cooking spray. Bake in the oven until they are golden brown (about 15 minutes), turning once during cooking.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef with onions, garlic, and tabasco. Season the meat with salt and pepper, mix thoroughly. Form 8 patties of equal size. Baste with Bone Suckin’® Sauce. Grill to desired doneness.
- About a minute before removing from the grill, use a cookie scoop to place a portion of pimento cheese spread on top of the burgers. Press the cheese down with a spatula for even melting. Place one “fried” green tomato on each bun, top with burger and garnish with the condiments of your choosing. Enjoy!