Southern Charm Burger by MyFox8.com
MyFox8 featured Bone Suckin’ Sauce in their Memorial Day Recipes Special! Here’s the video and the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef or Bison
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Texas Pete or Tabasco
- Bone Suckin’ Sauce for basting
- 8 oz. Container Pimento Cheese Spread
- 1 Large Green Tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ¼ Cup Corn Meal, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 8 Hearty Buns
- Pickled Okra or Chow Chow for condiments
- Preheat oven to 350°. In shallow bowl, beat egg with a little water and season with salt and pepper. Spread corn meal out onto medium-sized plate.
- Before cooking food, dip tomato slices into egg, then press into corn meal to coat the outside. Place slices onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray tops of tomatoes with cooking spray. Bake in oven until golden brown (about 15 minutes), turning once during cooking.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together ground beef with onions, garlic, and tabasco. Season meat with salt and pepper, mix thoroughly. Form 8 patties of equal size. Baste with Bone Suckin’ Sauce. Grill to desired doneness.
- About a minute before removing from grill, use a cookie scoop to place a portion of pimento cheese spread on top of burgers. Press cheese down with spatula for even melting. Place one “fried” green tomato on each bun, top with burger and garnish with condiments of your choosing.